Do you realize that a web site with fewer incoming back links can rank higher when compared to a site with thousands of back links? How is this possible? Let’s find out.
Understanding SEO fundamentals.
Before we solution the question, let’s start by exploring a little SEO fundamentals. If you are new to SEO, then this is a great opportunity to pick up on a little google search engine optimization techniques. If you are already familiar with search optimization, take this as a refresher course. It’ll only do you good. By the time we get to the end of this section, the solution will be clear.
Search optimization consists of two important components – on-site and off-site optimization. Since this article is more about link popularity, we’ll just touch briefly on on-site optimization and then move on.
To get a site to rank better in the search results, here is what we do to our website. Make sure that you observe these important guidelines.
* Use keywords in title tags.
* Make use of Meta description to display a relevant short snippet in search results.
* Ensure that site is fast loading. Looking rid of unnecessary widgets and third party applications that can slow down the site.
* Keep word length between 300 to 500 words.
* Publish unique and original content only.
* Have a clear internal navigational structure. If you need too far too many pages, add a sitemap.
After on-site optimization, make sure you build as far too many back links as possible to your web site. Note that you must do so in a natural manner. For example, adding thousands of back links overnight when your site is new and has only 1 page of content may raise a flag with the google search engines.
This is what most people don